On 12 December 2020, the Italian Red Cross organized a webinar on the topic of Covid-19 and International Disaster Response Law. The webinar, organized as part of the training of IHL national instructors, was open to all interested persons.
The event was introduced and moderated by Professor Alice Riccardi (Roma Tre University). Distinguished speakers included:
- Danilo Bilotta, Servizio Relazioni e Attività Internazionale, Civil Protection Department
- Giulio Bartolini, Director of the Jean Monnet Project ‘Disseminating International Disaster Law for Europe’, Roma Tre University
- Susanna Villani, Bologna University
- Emanuele Sommario, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa
- Giovanna Adinolfi, Milan University
The topics covered by the webinar included: the Italian experience in the transnational health emergeny response; the WHO International Health Regulations and Covid-19; the EU Civil Protection Mechanism during Covid-19; human rights protection during Covid-19 and the impact of Covid-19 on the international regulation of relief goods and equipment.
The programme can be downloaded here: Covid-19 International Disaster Law.
The webinar video is available here.